Monday, March 23, 2009

San Dimas Stage 2 and 3

As we started the road stage for San Dimas, and I was not sure what to expect, as we had ridden the course, but riding it with 8 guys and 150 is a completely different animal. As the race started, the first 4 laps were full out. Along with breakneck speed, the climbs had guard shacks and road medians as fun little obstacles.

Everylap the field became smaller and smaller and coming in to three laps to go, I completely blew my engine up the climb. This only left us with one rider in the field. I knew from the pace of the field that pretty much everyone not in the group was going to get time cut, so I decided against riding in the autobus and went straight to the team van. This was the worst showing I have had....

Definitely took a lot from the experience, and now will use it to make Redlands a success.

Sitting and watching the crit from the side of the road was really crappy.

1 comment:

76vette.com said...

It's a learning experience. Take advantage of that part. Success, as great as it is, usually doesn't teach us a damn thing.