Monday, March 29, 2010

Windmills and Licenses

So this morning, I awoke to Albert giving me clothes, and informing me that I was going to be riding with Stefan for 2 hours. Which was awesome, I am all for meeting my teammates. I am not all for waking up and riding sans breakfast and coffee. Especially after a night of not the best sleep. The only good thing was that it was nearing 11am by the time I hit my bike. So I was able to get close to 7 hours of sleep. 


Riding with Stefan was great, even though he didn't speak English, he does speak some Spanish! So I could go beyond speaking half french and hand motions to having a conversation with someone. The route was a little hilly, but for the most part the lid was kept on things except for a few times he tried to turn the screws to me. Eventually the ride was over and I went back home, showered, made coffee and finally ate some much needed food. On the way home, I did see the sickest windmill. 

I was also informed in the afternoon that my license was not going to be accepted by the French Federation. I was proactive, called the Technical Director, Shawn Farrell, who was amazing and was able to make all the necessary changes and email them to me. This was an afternoon project, but when racing abroad for a National Level team, things need to be perfect, the i's dotted and t's crossed.

I also went for a walk looking for a cafe that no longer existed... It was nice to get out, but I was really looking forward to some coffee! Sometimes the internets is not always right!


Sleeping tonight is going to be easier knowing that I will be racing this weekend!





2 comments:

76vette.com said...

So, when will you be racing? Hope you are able to keep up with the updates as this blog is sort of a daily fix for me - haha.

martguy said...

Fact your first month of races with for objective d' to be in the first third of the group bus c' is here that all this master key. Then according to the feelings which you will have goes in front of this manner I believe that you will set out again satisfied with your three months in France.