Sunday, June 29, 2008

Boloco Heartbreak Hill GP

First off lets avoid some up coming confusion from yesterdays race.

This is the first year in USA cycling that their are NO CATAGORY 2 Riders allowed in NRC events.

So I did race in the Catagory 2 race...

I know this will all break your hearts, but hey this blog is purely informative. I have no desire to build my ego. If i need to do that I would post 78 times a day on Windermereroadies.com

So now that we have built that bridge and moved on, lets get on to today and its race...

Started out with more clothing, then a nice 1.5 hour ride, then some Subway.

Then down the road right into Boston... I got to see Fenway Park as we got lost and Logan Airport.

We eventually got to the race and to my surprise I had been issued a set of Bora wheels for the rest of the races as I had "put my nuts against the wall" as our DS John Freisen so eloquently put the night before. This juiced me up some as I have not yet ridden Bora's. Moving to the race


Which was all business. 50 miles all down and dirty... They didn't call it Heart Break Hill for nothing.

I started the day by taking a huge flyer the first time up the climb which made it easy for Kyle Wamsley to establish himself into the next move (even though we are technically racing on seperate squads.. I am on the developement team) so mini victory there....

Go team! everyone rode super strong until 4 laps to go where the sky turned black and opened its eyes and dumped the worst rain I have raced in 2 years.
with 2 laps to go my position was looking good for another top 20 finish and then I completely melted down. It was just one too many times up that hill at 24mph. I put my head down and tried to stay on Tim Johnson's wheel and next thing I knew I was by myself in the 50mph downhill section. I stuck it out and rode tempo passing those with less heart, payed off...

No official results posted but my team DS thinks I was definately top 30. Thanks to all you supporters and everyone thats helped me move this far in this racing career. You're all special snowflakes

Tomorrow is a Race Track Crit at night... I love Night CRITS!@@#@!

NOT

At least it really will be Nascar style with no Corners and some lights...

Keep Reading and Keep Riding or Not working when you should be

1 comment:

onegoalmind said...

good job garrettfor stay with tim johnson. it sounds like fun on the down hill in the rain.
JPR