Monday, July 7, 2008

Fitchburg Stage 4

Welcome back folks...

Sorry for the delay in getting these last two posts up, we have been like caged chickens and now we are getting some freedom...

So I had a nice breakfast of PB and J, then right to the kit, got in about an hour spin to warm up. There were no need to open up after 10 days of racing. I got to sign in and had a great conversation about my crash with one of the head officials, who informed me that the Metlife team, who's feeder caused the crash, was being fined. This made me pretty happy, a small prize for losing 11 minutes in a stage race...

So politics over, our course looked awesome, a nice uphill finish, with a 180 turn at the top and then a long back stretch followed by two left turns, measuring exactly one mile. The race went for 28 laps, at the start my position was bad on the back line, but I made it to the front in two laps.

I made some great early moves again and was in some promising breaks, but nothing was sticking. With three to go I knew it was now or never. I attacked on the inside on the back stretch and an NCCS rider saw me and put me right into the curb on the corner. I bumped him hard to stay upright, came unclipped and was pretty much at the back of the field by then. My sprint started then. I dodged another crash on the last corner and went hard to end up 24th. Finishing 70th overall. Not my best stage race, but the team DS was very happy with how I raced and pleased to see all my efforts and hard work. The team will be using me if they get selected for the UCI race in Mexico in September, or anything else that may come up.

What great trip. The day ended with some beers, a drive to Boston to stay with another teammate. Then a night on the town.

Monday morning came along, with some eggs and toast, then off to a hike in the Blue Hills Reserve, which was beautiful. We came back home, then rode for 2 hours around South Boston, on the HarborWalk trail in Dorchester...

Great times and all to see the world on a bike!!!

I hope you all enjoyed reading these posts as much as I did writing them

I had a great time here and hope to share it with everyone when I get back...

Untill Then

2 comments:

TD_CBCS said...

Is this blog officially over or to be continue with your next race?

I hope to see you turn pro man. I'll see you back at the shop.

Garrett White said...

The blog will roll on, I am going to keep everyone in the know and make it a personal resource to my friends and teams to see how my life is going and how my riding is going....