Thursday, July 3, 2008

Fitchburg Stage One

What a day here in Fitchburg.....

So stage one is an uphill tt... Not a big fan here... Especially on a bike that I have ridden twice. We'll get the crap news out of the way first, I finished 2:30 down. Some of the climbs I kept a lid on and others I tried to grind up them...

Maybe not the best strategy. Our best guy is 1:30 down, so we will have lots of options during the road race, I am not sure what the story is going to be tomorrow, but I am sure its going to be hard.

The course today had the worst roads ever, and it was hard to find smooth lines. I caught my 30 second guy in the first 1k, so I am thinking I went a tad too hard...

So the day started up with packet pick up, then haul a#$ back to the hotel so we could make our start times. Finally got everything I needed with clothing and everything else... Finally got all settled and it was time to ride to the TT course.

I was a little worried I was not going to have TT wheels for the start, but the team bus pulled up on time...

So got that out of the way, I went uphill semi-fast... then had some homemade pasta, some food from Starbucks and Wheat Thins.

So all in all, little bit of a crazy day... Not the best result, but not really my favorite course. Tomorrow is more my flavor, so look for a good showing from Colavita.

PS Happy Fourth Tomorrow... Blow somethings up and drink some for me

1 comment:

Darrell and Jennifer said...

blow off today, focus on the next stage. Keep us posted!

good luck tomorrow....