Thursday, July 17, 2008

Training with the Whiz

So now after some much needed time off its back to structured training... Hello agony and suffering. So today's menu was a four hour ride, broken down at 3.5 hours in zone's 2/3, followed by 20 minutes LT then recover, then three sprints 10s 20s ans 30s. I knew that this was going to be great after not doing these rides for 4 or so weeks. Everything was good, speed was where it needed to be, power was a little lower compared to my heart rate, but that will come in a few days of doing training again.

Here is the screen shot of the download:


For me keeping my cadence high and letting my power fluctuate more my main goals. As far as the 20 minutes at the end, I was in town and sort of just suffered through and the sprints were in the rain so power was relatively lower than normal.

These rides definitely help being ready at the end of the race, its a fail safe to train then end the rides very hard.

For coaching, I use Robby Ketchell, he was previously with Colorado Premier Training, but is now under his own banner, www.ketchellsportsscience.com

We have had a great relationship over the years, racing together and coaching. Robby works with a lot of the top echelon riders in the US, Chris Baldwin and Mike Friedman to name a few.

Also, for most of you know, I did get signed by the Colavita Development Team for next season. They were very pleased with me as an individual and rider. Now I just have to get that Cat. 1 upgrade as the team will be all one's next year, with a better budget and more complete calendar.

Keep fighting the good fight..

PS if you ever want to see files directly, just email me and I will send them to you!

No comments: