Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Rest Day

Welcome to probably the least eventful posting of the trip.... The Coveted REST DAY...

I was thinking about things that I wanted to address in this blog day to day, but never really had a chance to get it going... Like how many dollars in Odwalla Juice I could drink every day or after the first two days how man tires I would go through while I am here, but that ended quick. So Maybe the last day I can come up with a full summary of everything just to keep it all in perspective.

I also want to thank everyone again, had some great phone calls and text messages for support. I really have dedicated this season in my mind to my recently deceased Grandfather, who did a lot of my raising growing up. I know that he always wanted me to succede in any of my ventures, but I knew how keen he was to athletics. So this year has been in his memory and I know he is watching somewhere, proudly!

Now moving on to my day, we had an early photo shoot this morning and had all of the team photos done. So basically, we packed up our hotels rooms, got kitted up and stood around in the parking lot looking cute.

We then packed up the vehicles, some people decided to ride to Fitchburg, I opted to ride in the car and set up my tt rig when I got there. So we get there in about an hour or so and unpacked. The weather was looking rough, but we had to get our ride in regardless.

I mapped out the route to the course then we were off after a little wait for weather. We finally got to the start... This TT will not be fun.. Looks to be about 4.9 miles uphill then 1.5 downhill....

The legs felt good and I formulated some strategy for tomorrow, lets just hope it works.

The ride back was a little more interesting, we got dumped on hard, then my roommate Steve hit a storm grate and it caught his wheel about 1 mile from the hotel. It was a rough trip for him, with two crashes. But he's ok, more pride bruised than anything else.

Eventually we did laundry, ate, found the one grocery store in town and got some snack stock...

I am off to get a nice massage and then to bed...

Thanks for reading the blog and look for a good result tomorrow!

1 comment:

Santiago Rosell said...

Keep living the dream brother you will do great this weekend just be sure to keep the right mind set no matter what happens.

-Sandman-